GENERAL FORMATTING GUIDELINES TO AUTHOR
Files should be in both MS Word file (or Latex where applies) and PDF format, the CRC MS Word template should be converted to PDF according to the instructions in the template file, and both need to be submitted. Figures and tables should be embedded and not supplied separately.
Please note that we require the file to be provided in .docx/.doc format for the MS Word file, files with .docm extension are not suitable for production and require conversion to .doc/.docx.
Please make sure that you use as much as possible normal fonts in your documents. Special fonts, such as fonts used in the Far East (Japanese, Chinese, Korean, etc.) may cause problems during processing. To avoid unnecessary errors you are strongly advised to use the 'spellchecker' function of MS Word before converting the document in to PDF.
For papers submitted through EasyChair, there is no need to structure the manuscript using the CRC MS Word template. Procedia author templates (MS word and Latex) is available for download in Easychair which helps in creating the PDF in the desired format of Procedia automatically once the paper is accepted by the guest editor.
Papers should be prepared in the following order:
- Introduction: to explain the background work, the practical applications and the nature and purpose of the paper.
- Body: to contain the primary message, with clear lines of thought and validation of the techniques described
- Acknowledgements (when appropriate)
- Appendices (when appropriate)
Section headings: should be left-justified, with the first letter capitalised and numbered consecutively, starting with the Introduction. Sub-section headings should be in capital and lower-case italic letters, numbered 1.1, 1.2, etc, and left justified, with second and subsequent lines indented.
Formatting your document
Please do not alter the formatting and style layouts which have been set up in the template document. As indicated in the template, papers should be prepared in double column format suitable for direct printing onto paper size (A4, 210 mm × 297mm). Do not number pages on the front, as page numbers will be added separately for the preprints and the Proceedings. Leave a line clear between paragraphs.
All the required style templates are provided in the file "MS Word Template" with the appropriate name supplied, e.g. choose 1. Els1st-order-head for your first order heading text, els-abstract-text for the abstract text etc.
For papers submitted through Easychair, there is no need to structure the manuscript using the CRC MS Word template. Procedia author templates (MS word and Latex) is available for download in Easychair which helps in creating the PDF in the desired format of Procedia automatically once the paper is accepted by the guest editor. As an author, you are requested to check EasyChair for the final CRC PDF to ensure it is correct. No late corrections are possible after publication.
The first page should include:
- Conference Title Click on the existing text and enter the name of the conference.
- Title Click on the existing text and enter the title of the paper using Sentence case.
- Each author's name and affiliation, including present address Authors' names: Remember to include the correct superscript linking to the appropriate affiliation details.
- Affiliations: Remember to include the correct superscript linking to the appropriate author details.
- Abstract Insert an abstract of 50-100 words, giving a brief account of the most relevant aspects of the paper. Manuscripts must be accompanied by the following files for submission:
- Covering letter - in which you detail matters you wish the editors to consider.
Reporting Guideline Checklist - if applicable
Author Agreement Statement - You must make a true statement that all authors have approved the final article, agree to be accountable for all aspects of the work and acknowledge that all those entitled to authorship are listed as authors. Sample text of an Author Agreement Statement can be downloaded here.
- Title page - Essential title page information includes : Title. Concise and informative. Titles are often used in information-retrieval systems. Avoid abbreviations and formulae where possible. The title should be in the format 'Topic / question: design/type of paper' and identify the population / care setting studied. (e.g. The effectiveness of telephone support for adolescents with insulin dependent diabetes: controlled before and after study).
The manuscript document itself MUST NOT contain any of the Author(s) details - for the purpose of the blind peer-review process
- Author names, affiliations and qualifications Please clearly indicate the given name(s) and family name(s) of each author and check that all names are accurately spelled. Present the authors' affiliation addresses (where the actual work was done) below the names. Indicate all affiliations with a lower-case superscript letter immediately after the author's name and in front of the appropriate address. Provide the full postal address of each affiliation, including the country name and, if available, the e-mail address of each author. Qualifications should also be included on your title page by including the postnominals after each author's name.
- Corresponding author Clearly indicate who will handle correspondence at all stages of refereeing and publication, also post-publication. Ensure that the e-mail address is given and that contact details are kept up to date by the corresponding author.
- Present/permanent address If an author has moved since the work described in the article was done, or was visiting at the time, a 'Present address' (or 'Permanent address') may be indicated as a footnote to that author's name. The address at which the author actually did the work must be retained as the main, affiliation address. Superscript Arabic numerals are used for such footnotes.
- Clinical Trial Registration Number/PROSPERO Registration All clinical trials are required to be registered in a Clinical Trials Registry which adheres to the International Standards for Clinical Trials Registries.
- Ethics approval - as appropriate. A copy of the ethics approval letter must be uploaded with your submission.
- Informed consent - Where applicable authors must confirm that informed consent was obtained from human participants and that ethical clearance was obtained from the appropriate authority.
- Permissions Obtained - Permission to reproduce previously published material must be obtained in writing from the copyright holder (usually the publisher) and acknowledged in the manuscript.
- Patient Consent Forms - Authors are required to attest that a Patient Consent Form from their institutions or licensing board has been signed by the patient or a proxy. Patient Consent Forms must comply at the very least with Elsevier's policy around requirement for consent (See: https://www.elsevier.com/about/policies/patient-consent).
- Footnotes should be avoided if possible - Necessary footnotes should be denoted in the text by consecutive superscript letters. The footnotes should be typed single spaced, and in smaller type size (8pt), at the foot of the page in which they are mentioned, and separated from the main text by a short line extending at the foot of the column. The .Els-footnote. style is available in the “MS Word Template” for the text of the footnote.
General guidelines for the preparation of your text
Avoid hyphenation at the end of a line. Symbols denoting vectors and matrices should be indicated in bold type. Scalar variable names should normally be expressed using italics. Weights and measures should be expressed in SI units. All non-standard abbreviations or symbols must be defined when first mentioned, or a glossary provided.
Please proofread your paper carefully before submitting as it will appear in the published volume in exactly the same form. You will receive no proofs.
The call for papers, submissions, reviews and decisions are managed by using Easychair. All Authors are advised to submit their manuscript on easy chair by following link : https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=acvait2022